This 19th century Bidjar Wegeirah measures 3’8” X 4’8” (116 x 146 cm). It is a very lovely sampler. It makes no sense to describe it other than to say it’s missing about ½ of the border at the top and the bottom border is 95% there. The rug is evenly low. It’s a nice sampler on a wool foundation. It is clean and ready to go. The buyer pays the shipping with insurance of $30.00.
Age pre-1910. This circa 1880 Kuba antique rug measures 3’3” X 3’9” (100 x 117 cm). It is a cute little Kuba with a lattice design on an ivory ground. Each part of lattice is filled with different shapes and colors of flowers. There is lots of asymmetry in the field. The inner and reciprocal borders are on red and blue grounds.Two reciprocal borders are separated by an ivory border containing little flowers. The outer border has various renderings of crosses shaped like flowers and game boards in Baku blue. The more I look at it, it may be a Baku. It has a very fine back like a Baku and I have never seen this color in any rug but Baku. I guess that’s what makes this fun. It is clean and ready to go. The buyer pays the shipping with insurance of $50.00
Age pre-1910. This circa 1800-1825 Kula rug measures 4’3” X 6’2” (131 x 189 cm). It is a very beautiful Kula prayer rug with a light blue prayer niche completely filled with small white tulips surrounded with a three colored frame in peach to grey green. The ivory spandrels are filled with Ottoman tulips in red and gold completely surrounded by 17 stripes in various colors which are also filled with tiny flowers. The stripes are in red, gold, ivory and blue. The top end is missing the outside border. The bottom end is complete including the selvedge. The rug is evenly low. There are a couple of reweaves which are very well done and at least 100 years old. There are lazy lines visible from the back. This rug is the real deal. The twin to this rug is photographed in a 100 year old book that I own and it’s listed early 19th century which to me means 1800-1825. I doubt it. To me this rug screams 18th century or older. It’s got it all. The archaic motif. The lazy lines. The ancient repair. But I will err on the side of caution and advertise as 1st quarter 19th century although I believe it is 18th century and possibly older. It is clean and ready to go. The buyer pays the shipping with insurance of $50.00
Age pre-1910. This circa 1900 antique Zilli Sultan with Silk Persian rug measures 4’6” X 6’8” (140 x 207 cm). It is very finely woven with repeated vases of flowers completely covering the field. The flowers have white silk highlights that give this rug a very interesting beautiful dimensional aspect which is quite unusual. The ground color of the rug is very very pale peach to old ivory. It is completely covered in floral motif. Here’s are very interesting thing about the rug that most people won’t see… but if you look carefully at the vases they become masks with eyes! Very weird illusion. The inner and outer reciprocal borders have groups of three white flowers separated by red flowers. At the bottom end of the inside border the red flowers actually touch in the middle. At the top end of the rug they do not. The major border consists of red and blue bouquets of flowers in urns all on an ivory ground. The edges have been replaced and poorly overcast with a minor 1 ½ inch long ding that can be fixed. The rug has good pile over 95% leaving with 5% evenly low in places. It is clean and ready to go. The buyer pays the shipping with insurance of $40.00
Age pre-1910. This antique Greek Islands embroidery measures 3’6” X 3’10” (109 x 119 cm). It is constructed of panels with eight pointed stars and crosses with little houses embroidered around the borders. These are made for wedding chests of a bride and are usually multi-generational starting with the middle panel and consecutive generations add to it. This could be mid-19th century. It is clean and ready to go. The buyer pays the shipping with insurance of $30.00
Age pre-1910. This very antique Kuba rug measures 4’3” X 5’11” ( 131x 182 cm). As far as the putting an age on this rug, this could possibly be an 18th century rug. I make no promises. I have no name for the field motif. The only thing I can say for sure is that the border has a very complicated variation of an ivory running dog on a blue ground. The rug is evenly low. The sides are original. It is missing one row of knots at one end and two rows of knots at the other. That to me for this age rug is not a big deal. The rug is clean and ready to go. The buyer pays the shipping which includes insurance of $50.